Wednesday, July 20, 2011

42: Life and all that other stuff.

Just a short and personal post this time. I promise, I'll get back into analyzing news tidbits or ranting about the culture of gaming soon.

<insert clever segue here> Get it? Segue sounds like Segway. Dammit. Nevermind.
Things are looking up for me, though I'm a little tentative in saying so. I've started putting in a new round of applications and my fiance's position at his new job promises to be very stable. I'm trapped in the Midwestern heat wave at the moment, which is fairly irritating. It means I don't leave the house unless I absolutely have to and we all know what that can lead to.


Working out while the weather is oppressively warm requires and extra level of motivation that I've been trying to muster up. Even in my air conditioned home, the stuffiness and humidity is inescapable.

Also, total non sequitur here: I've been watching a lot of Star Trek: Voyager since it showed up on Netflix. For those of you who don't know, I watched that show religiously since the day it aired. I would be amazed if there was a single episode that I haven't seen, but I know that there are many that I don't remember. Considering that I was in elementary school when the series began, it's understandable that my memory may be a little foggy on the details. Still, watching that show is like chicken soup for my soul. When I'm in a bad mood or when I'm sick, all I really want to do is curl up with some tea and watch Voyager. I like spending some fictional time with Harry Kim, the 'red shirt' who would never die (except that one time) and the Doctor who was probably one of my favorite characters of all time. While I have a lot of love for Next Gen (and I plan on watching all of Deep Space Nine eventually), Voyager is my own personal favorite.

Who can resist Janeway and her Gibson Girl hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment